The Intermountain Gas Company story began in 1950 when Nat and Myrtis Campbell read a newspaper article that piqued their interest in the natural gas industry. The company was incorporated that year. After five years of hard work laying the foundation for a new public utility company, Intermountain Gas Company received certification from the Idaho Public Utilities Commission on December 10, 1955. Then, on December 31, 1955, we connected our first five customers.
Since then, Intermountain Gas Company has grown along with Idaho. Today, Intermountain Gas Company is a natural gas distribution company serving more than 412,500 customers in 74 communities in southern Idaho. Intermountain is a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc., a multidimensional natural resources enterprise traded on the New York Stock Exchange as “MDU.” For more information about MDU Resources, visit the company’s website at www.mdu.com.
Intermountain Natural Gas Headquarters is located at 555 S. Cole Road, Boise, ID 83709.
|Communities Served in Idaho:
|Lava Hot Springs