BISMARCK, N.D. — April 15, 2020 — MDU Resources Group, Inc. (NYSE: MDU) announced today that it is donating $500,000 to a variety of organizations to support coronavirus relief efforts, including $41,000 to charities in Idaho. The donation comes from the MDU Resources Foundation, which is funded by stockholder monies, and is in addition to the $2.2 million the MDU Resources Foundation already has committed to charitable organizations this year.
MDU Resources Group companies in Idaho include Intermountain Gas Co., International Line Builders and Knife River Corporation. Organizations receiving coronavirus relief funds from MDU Resources in Idaho include:
- Bingham County Crisis Center.
- Boys and Girls of Nampa.
- Caribou County Senior Center.
- Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership in Rexburg.
- El-Ada Homedale.
- El-Ada Garden City.
- Emmett Valley Friendship Coalition.
- Family Advocate Program, Inc. in Boise.
- Family Crises Center in Rexburg.
- Hansen School District.
- Idaho Food Bank in Boise.
- JDRF One Walk in Boise.
- Jerome School District.
- Kimberly School District.
- Kuna Community Food Bank.
- Lighthouse Rescue Mission in Nampa.
- Madison County Senior Citizens Center.
- Magic Valley Area Humanitarian Center in Rupert.
- Middleton Food Pantry.
- Murtaugh School District.
- North Bingham County Foodbank.
- Onieda Crisis Center.
- Rigby Senior Citizens Center.
- Ririe Senior Citizens Center.
- Shelly Senior Citiens Center.
- The Hunger Coalition in Bellevue.
- Upper Valley Bible Church Food Pantry in St. Anthony.
- WICAP Weiser in Payette.
- Women’s and Children’s Alliance in Boise.
MDU Resources President and CEO David L. Goodin said the health and safety of MDU Resources’ employees, customers and the public is always the company’s top priority, and the donations are intended to help communities regain their good health.
“We know it will take some time for our country to recover from this adversity, and we want to do our part to help,” Goodin said. “In addition to monetary support from our corporation, our employees are dedicated to ensuring we continue to serve our customers with the electricity, natural gas and energy and transportation infrastructure that are essential for daily life.”
In addition to the $500,000 donation, the MDU Resources Foundation is accelerating 2020 grant payments that were previously identified for organizations such as food banks, shelters and elderly support.
“Our employees are proud of the essential services they provide and of our company’s support of our communities and the people who live in them,” Goodin said.
About MDU Resources
MDU Resources Group, Inc., a member of the S&P MidCap 400 index and the S&P High-Yield Dividend Aristocrats index, is Building a Strong America® by providing essential products and services through its regulated energy delivery and construction materials and services businesses. For more information about MDU Resources, see the company’s website at www.mdu.com or contact the Investor Relations Department at [email protected].
Media Contact: Laura Lueder, manager of communications and public relations, 701-530-1095
Financial Contact: Jason Vollmer, vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer, 701-530-1755
Comments are closed.