Installing high-efficiency natural gas appliances in your home is a smart investment that will save you money and improve your comfort. Energy-efficient equipment makes your energy dollars go farther.
When it comes to saving energy and conserving resources for the future, Intermountain Gas wants to partner with you by offering rebates for installing high-efficiency equipment in your home. Whether you are upgrading from a less efficient natural gas appliance, converting to natural gas from a more expensive energy source, or preparing to build the home of your dreams, we are here to help!
Energy Conservation Tips
Get the most from your hard-earned money! Here are some simple tips that require little to no investment and will help save money.
- Adjust thermostats: Set your thermostat to your personal comfort zone and when you are away from home, reduce the temperature by 5-8 degrees Fahrenheit. For homes with elderly people or children, warmer temperatures are recommended.
- Install a programmable set-back thermostat to do the work for you.
- Clean or change your furnace filters monthly during the heating season.
- Set your water heater temperature to 120°F.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Close drapes and blinds at night in winter to insulate against cold air.
- Reduce heat loss by sealing drafts in windows or doors with weather stripping or caulk.
- Install water flow restrictors in faucets and shower heads.
- Install tempered glass doors on fireplaces.
- Close dampers on fireplaces when not in use.
Contact our Energy Efficiency Department
Whole Home Rebate
Consider building an ENERGY STAR® home that uses natural gas for space and water heating. ENERGY STAR Verified homes with a Home Energy Rating Score (HERS®) of 75 or less are eligible for a $1,200 rebate.
Home Energy Usage
The energy dollar in a typical northwestern home is divided as follows:
Available Equipment Rebates
- Available only to new or existing residential customers of Intermountain Gas Company.
- Fuel for home’s heat and water heating needs must be exclusively provided by Intermountain Gas.
- Equipment must be installed according to current code and approved by local or state inspection
- Eligible equipment must meet current requirements of Intermountain Gas’ “EE Rebate Program” tariff as approved by the Idaho Public Utilities Commission.
- See our website for complete terms and conditions.
Efficient. Clean. Reliable. Domestic.