Energy Efficiency Program
Energy Efficiency Program
Installing high-efficiency natural gas appliances in your home is a smart investment that will save you money and improve your comfort. Energy-efficient equipment makes your energy dollars go farther.
When it comes to saving energy and conserving resources for the future, Intermountain Gas wants to partner with you by offering rebates for installing high-efficiency equipment in your home. Whether you are upgrading from a less efficient natural gas appliance, converting to natural gas from a more expensive energy source, or preparing to build the home of your dreams, we are here to help!
|WHOLE HOME PACKAGE (for new construction)||DESCRIPTION||REBATE AMOUNT|
|Energy Star® Certified Home with a Home Energy Rating Score (HERS) of 75 or less||Energy Star Verified Home with Natural Gas Space and Water Heat||$1,200|
|APPLIANCE REBATES (for new & existing construction)||DESCRIPTION||ENERGY EFFICIENCY REBATE|
|95% AFUE Natural Gas Furnace||95% or Greater Thermal Efficiency Rating||$350|
|High-Efficiency Combination Radiant Heat System||90% or Greater Efficiency Condensing Tankless Combo System for Space and Water Heat||$1,000|
|70% FE Natural Gas Fireplace Insert||70% Fuel Efficient Rating or Greater||$100|
|.67 UEF Natural Gas Water Heater||.67 Uniform Energy Factor or Greater||$50|
|.91 UEF Condensing Tankless Water Heater||.91 Uniform Energy Factor or Greater||$150|
Summary of Eligibility Requirements
- Available to residential customers of Intermountain Gas Company.
- Rebate applications must be submitted and postmarked within 90 days of installation.
- Fuel for the home’s heat and water heating needs must be exclusively provided by Intermountain Gas for applicable space heat and water heating rebates.
- A heat pump must not be used for space heating, even if a natural gas furnace is utilized as backup. If a heat pump is installed in the home, it must be wired to the “Cool Only” setting.
- Energy-savings equipment must meet the requirements of Intermountain Gas’ Energy Efficiency Rebate Program tariff and associated Terms and Conditions effective at the date the equipment was installed.
- All equipment must be installed according to current code and approved by local or state inspection with the signed, approved permit attached to the newly installed equipment.
- Intermountain Gas Company does not provide rebates for energy efficient equipment or upgrades already mandated by Idaho state code.
- Rebates may be subject to change based on the most recently approved Energy Efficiency Rebate Program tariff offered by Intermountain Gas Company.
- Energy Star® homes must be certified by an Energy Star verifier. Energy Star home rebate applications must be submitted and postmarked within 90 days following Energy Star verification.